Sunday, February 3, 2008

Especially when it's your kid



It's always wonderful discovering a new instance of bold drawing. It's especially wonderful when the example comes from my kid. The drawing illustrated here arose from a process that I've observed before in my daughter: she sees a subject that is "too hard," "too complicated." In her simplication of the "hard" subject, she discovers a beautiful and elegant economy of means.
It's a wonderful lesson. Learn to think like a child. See the world anew.

2 comments:

Gail Siptak said...

Hi, have you stopped writing? I am writing a blog expressing some of my feeling toward the art "world" also. You have interesting ideas...hope you will be back before long. Mine is www.eyewithaview.blogspot.com
Best, gail

Art Writing said...

I have stopped writing at this blog, but I have a new blog here:
http://alethakuschan.wordpress.com/

Hope you get a chance to visit the new blog. It has more comments and more connections to other artists.